Did you ever see that Staples commercial that came on this time last year? It showed parents joyfully dancing down the aisles, throwing school supplies into their cart while the song “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” played in the background. Meanwhile, their kids just stood there beside the cart with their arms folded and a grimace on their face. I loved it! The Back to School season is a joy for some, and a real depressing time for anyone under 18.
Well, the Twitter Bible Study is still going strong, school or no school. If you took a break during the summer, that’s ok – this is a great time to get back into it! Or, if you’re just learning about this for the first time, I can’t think of a better time to start than right now. Think of it as school for grown-ups. Here’s how it works:
- Choose a daily reading program. If you don’t have one, there’s a great selection HERE.
- Decide to read a portion of scripture everyday.
- Ask God for one piece of wisdom and insight from what you read.
- Post your insight in 140 characters or less in the comments section of this blog (include the scripture reference).
- Copy your insight and post it on your Twitter or Facebook account so others can benefit from what you are learning.
No pencils or paper required – just a Bible, a phone or computer, and you!