I thought I’d take a minute and tell you why I wrote it and maybe give you some reasons why you should buy the book.
If you want to skip the explanation and get right to the ordering, you can do so by clicking here: Ir-rev-rend: Christianity Without the Pretense. Faith Without the Façade
WHY I WROTE THE BOOK
One of my early preaching mentors told me that a good sermon will “make em laugh, make em cry and give em Jesus”. That’s essentially what I’ve tried to do with this book. It’s a collection of real life stories (including mine) that will hopefully make the readers laugh, cry and push them toward Jesus. The stories deal with faith, hope, doubt, love, sex, money, politics and a bunch of other real life issues that we all wrestle with. (You can read a preview chapter HERE) I’ve written it to believers, hoping that the writing will be engaging enough that, after reading it, they will want to give it to their friends who may be struggling with their faith.
I tried to keep it real.
One of my kids saw a preview copy and thought it might be a little too real.
“Dad, some thoughts are probably best kept in your head”.
He’s probably right, but I left them on the pages anyway. What do kids know?
TOP TEN REASONS YOU SHOULD BUY A COPY
- The writing style is kind of like Ann LaMotte meets Donald Miller in a Shack
- It cost about the same as three Starbucks coffees but it lasts longer and has greater eternal value
- The chapter on Sex is worth the price of the book
- My wife and children will love you forever
- You may recognize yourself in one of the chapters
- It’s written for people who have a hard time finishing an entire book
- You can start on any chapter you want and create your own adventure
- You are having trouble coming up with the perfect Christmas gift for that special somebody
- You think a lot of Christians take themselves a tad too seriously
- God just might use it to change your life, stranger things have happened you know
Purchase your copy: Ir-rev-rend: Christianity Without the Pretense. Faith Without the Façade