Join us on December 11th with as we learn more about how churches can help people get off to a great start in a New Year. Our guests will be: Hamp Greene Hamp is the Small Groups Pastor at Church of the Highlands. He thrives on seeing people in authentic community and relationship with Christ.
A few thoughts from a short trip to Nicaragua to dedicate a medical clinic:
- You don’t have to love to travel to be an effective foreign missionary. You know the guy that wakes up every morning excited about the next missions trip? Yeah – that’s not me. My life revolves around a six block area. I live there. I work there. I go to church there. I buy my coffee there. I’m very comfortable there. Really comfortable. God uses even reluctant guys like me to do some pretty cool things occasionally.
As promised, here are some of the leftovers from this past weekends message – Strengthening your financial core. You can watch the message here.
- The opening illustration about the nine decisions you make when getting a cup of coffee came from this article.
- This article has some simple but practical steps for attacking the mountain of debt that comes from large student loans and easy credit card availability.
- Here is an article with a creative take on savings. It talks about treating your dollars like employees.
- This article talks about how important it is to have a financial backup plan and how to make one.
Ah, but I was so much older then
I’m younger than that now. – Dylan
So this is what it feels like to be 58.
It didn’t feel much different than yesterday, to be honest with you. A creak here, a cramp there. Some plantar fasciitis in my heels that makes my first few steps in the morning a sight to behold. But all in all – not bad. A head full of vision for the future and a heart full of gratitude for the life that God has allowed me to live so far.
“Fifty-eight is going to be good!”, I thought. And it was. Right up until the moment I googled it.
My grand kids, Miles & Addison tell the Christmas story for our Christmas Eve services. Can you tell they are cousins?
That last phrase – “God is with us” – has been both comforting and empowering on our journey through 2013. I’ll give you a brief update on what that looked like.
Here is a video imbed we used in the message this weekend. It features Taznerda Haley, an intern at the North Charleston Dream Center.
Does your church need more volunteers? Do you feel overwhelmed by all you have to do and wish more people would get off the sideline and get into the game? Do you want to mobilize more people in ministry?
If so, this free, online event from The Rocket Company and Tony Morgan (who will also be on our October 9th edition of Ministryhangouts.com by the way) offers you help and hope.
By now most of us have seen at least still shots of the MTV Video Awards show. You know the one where Hannah Montana sings without her clothes on and allows a fan to do some interesting things to her body with a giant foam finger. Kids stuff for the show, but hardcore to most of middle America.
Miley – What were you thinking?